Need a bit of help with Joan Beswick (1480-1520)

Main forum for discussion of Genealogy topics across the Counties and elsewhere.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, Northern Lass

Need a bit of help with Joan Beswick (1480-1520)

Postby alittlepronetopanic » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:32 pm

Hi all,

I'm doing a friend's family tree and I have got a bit confused.

Ancestry Family Trees doesn't give the sources for the information I have found so I'm hoping someone might be able to help.

According to Ancestry Family Trees and a few on Geneanet states that Jane Beswick's Grandmother was an Anne Hankford (1431-1515) who married a John Harte.
It also states that Hankeford's father was Richard Hankeford who married Anne de Montagu (who were also the great grandparents of Anne Boleyn).

The problem I have is that Wikipedia states that Richard had only 1 daughter with Anne (called Anne Hankeford). This Anne married Thomas Butler. He doesn't appear to have a secondary daughter at all, let alone one that married John Harte. The other confusing thing is that I have seen her mentioned as Lady Anne Garnon, which confuses me further.

I just fear I've given the wrong information to my friend so any help would be really appreciated. Though I understand that the earlier the records, the harder it is to track.
alittlepronetopanic

Return to General Discussion