Surname Cierny - My Family History

Main forum for discussion of Genealogy topics across the Counties and elsewhere.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, Northern Lass

Surname Cierny - My Family History

Postby Vanna » Fri May 01, 2020 11:13 am

Hi, Thank you for letting me join. I am trying to find some information on a relative who originated from Czechoslovakia.

Surname is Cierny first name is Lexa but also has an alias of Alexander Braun.

Came to England and married in 1942.

Interested in anything you may know.

Kind Regards,

Vanna.
Vanna

Re: Surname Cierny - My Family History

Postby gardener » Sat May 02, 2020 12:04 pm

Hi again

If you go to https://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl and enter just the surname Cierny, tick for "all" records, and enter a year range from 1942 to 1992 (most recent year available), then you get several records come up.

The marriage in 1942 is there, click on the page number in blue (2216) to see the bride's name.

Then there are entries for births of three children with surname Cierny and a matching maiden name for the mother. Ancestry pay-to-view site has another child born in 1946, named after his father it seems -Freebmb has not transcribed everything.

One of these children has married and her marriage entry is there too. That entry seems to be in twice, under two surnames for the bride.

This is getting a bit complicated and leads to a record for name change by deed poll so I'll send you a message with links for that.
"The present is the key to the past" - Charles Lyell
gardener

Return to General Discussion