Parish look up

Main forum for discussion of Genealogy topics across the Counties and elsewhere.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, Northern Lass

Parish look up

Postby Katykat » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:14 pm

Is anyone able to help? I have Lucretia Preece married William Pugh in Much Wenlock in May 1791. William was born in 1771 but I dont have a birthplace. I have one child, Maria born in Easthope in 1797, there may be others. I dont have a birthdate for Lucretia but there is a record on FamilySearch of a Lucretia Pugh died in 1815 in Shrewsbury. I dont know if this is my Lucretia as there is no age on the record. I wondered if the parish record states her age or if there is any other information that might help.
Katykat

Re: Parish look up

Postby rockyfowler » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:55 pm

I think that one looks too old?
Holy Cross and St Giles Shrewsbury
Burial
104 29 Nov 1815 Lucretia PUGH wife of William Pugh of the Bricklayer`s Arms Public House lived at Abbey Foregate aged 60 years
“You know you’re getting old when you stoop to tie your shoelaces and wonder what else you could do while you’re down there.” ― George Burns
rockyfowler

Re: Parish look up

Postby Katykat » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:37 am

Thank you Rocky. It would seem that this Lucretia might be too old. It would mean that she would be 36 on marriage and 42 when Maria was born. Also, Im not sure that William was an Innkeeper. Still, it is a coincidence that there is a couple called William and Lucretia Pugh in the same geographical area. I cant find any other information about my couple. They seem to have both died before any census and I cant find any other children. Back to the drawing board.
Katykat

Return to General Discussion