Help with unidentified photograph

Main forum for discussion of Genealogy topics across the Counties and elsewhere.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, Northern Lass

Help with unidentified photograph

Postby Paperkiwi » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:25 am

Hello, just joined the board. Currently doing some research on behalf of my wife Myra, nee EVERSON.
Family include Stephen BROOKS Gt Gt Grandfather b 1844 Kingswinford wife Ann Selina CARTWRIGHT 1841 Stafford married 1862 Stourbridge. Also connected to John RICHARDS b Pedmore wife Maria ALLPORT nee GARNER also PENN, FARMER surnames & extended names.
Reason for posting with a glimmer of hope someone may be able to help with an old photograph, undated, no idea of location, however, has some details on the back ( some have been damaged in previous removal from album) Details as shown as readable= Taken in garden by Peter's brother Fred ?
Top Row L to R Peter ? his sister ? boy Len ? Fred's pal Alfred PLANT (Myra has distant connection to PLANT surname).

Bottom Row L to R Peter's sister ? friend Gordon TEARE and the person signs herself your humble ? who must be the person who sent the photograph.

I know its like finding a needle in a haystack, hey, someone my recognise the names. Being my first posting not sure if I will be able to upload a copy of the photograph now or later.
Grateful for any help or connection. John
Paperkiwi

Re: Help with unidentified photograph

Postby Northern Lass » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:03 am

Hi if you contact mallosa one of the admins in the gallery via a private message she can upload the photo for you.
Then we can see who is mentioned etc.
And they maybe on the Bcc tree that Jo aka Grangers14 has been liaising with you about. :grin:
Northern Lass

Postby mallosa » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:02 am

John I have sent you a PM :wink:

I think this is the correct one - https://www.tribalpages.com/tribe/brows ... ver=440868
If you would like to have your ancestors photo's included in our Gallery, please send me a pm.

Researching: Evans, Rollason, Henley/Hendley, Brookes, Taylor (Wilson - Birmingham)
mallosa

Postby mallosa » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:03 am

Paperkiwi wrote:Hello, just joined the board. Currently doing some research on behalf of my wife Myra, nee EVERSON.
Family include Stephen BROOKS Gt Gt Grandfather b 1844 Kingswinford wife Ann Selina CARTWRIGHT 1841 Stafford married 1862 Stourbridge. Also connected to John RICHARDS b Pedmore wife Maria ALLPORT nee GARNER also PENN, FARMER surnames & extended names.
Reason for posting with a glimmer of hope someone may be able to help with an old photograph, undated, no idea of location, however, has some details on the back ( some have been damaged in previous removal from album) Details as shown as readable= Taken in garden by Peter's brother Fred ?
Top Row L to R Peter ? his sister ? boy Len ? Fred's pal Alfred PLANT (Myra has distant connection to PLANT surname).

Bottom Row L to R Peter's sister ? friend Gordon TEARE and the person signs herself your humble ? who must be the person who sent the photograph.

I know its like finding a needle in a haystack, hey, someone my recognise the names. Being my first posting not sure if I will be able to upload a copy of the photograph now or later.
Grateful for any help or connection. John

I've enlarged your photo John but not sure if it's any clearer :-)

Alfred Plant & others copy.jpg
Alfred Plant & others copy.jpg (16.41 KiB) Viewed 1375 times

Alfred Plant & others copy copy.jpg
Alfred Plant & others copy copy.jpg (31.38 KiB) Viewed 1375 times
If you would like to have your ancestors photo's included in our Gallery, please send me a pm.

Researching: Evans, Rollason, Henley/Hendley, Brookes, Taylor (Wilson - Birmingham)
mallosa

Return to General Discussion