Birmingham Marriage Records?

Main forum for discussion of Genealogy topics across the Counties and elsewhere.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, Northern Lass

Birmingham Marriage Records?

Postby mallosa » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:44 pm

Does anyone have access to the actual marriage record for the following...

Marriage Dec 1970
McConville Margaret Mcloughlin Daniel J Birmingham 9c 1241
If you would like to have your ancestors photo's included in our Gallery, please send me a pm.

Researching: Evans, Rollason, Henley/Hendley, Brookes, Taylor (Wilson - Birmingham)
mallosa

Re: Birmingham Marriage Records?

Postby grangers14 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:58 pm

Would this be better in Birmingham look ups Mally?
grangers14

Postby mallosa » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:59 pm

I've been having a look to see what I can find out Jo

I'm sure it was a Catholic marriage so wasn't sure where to look. I sent an e mail to [email protected] and received the following reply.....

Archives & Collections service unfortunately does not retain Birmingham Catholic registers, such documents are chiefly housed at the archive of the Roman Catholic cathedral of St. Chads
Contact details for the cathedral along with an accompanying index can be found via the following link - http://www.birminghamarchdiocesanarchiv ... /index.asp.

After more searching and getting more confused, I read somewhere that it can be viewed on FMP?

I don't really want to send for the certificate cos it's mainly to satisfy the curiosity of myself and an old school friend of mine. If the marriage is the right one, we knew both of the people mentioned :grin:
If you would like to have your ancestors photo's included in our Gallery, please send me a pm.

Researching: Evans, Rollason, Henley/Hendley, Brookes, Taylor (Wilson - Birmingham)
mallosa

Postby grangers14 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:00 am

I have FMP it is not showing there. I will look tomorrow where it goes to. Is a bit early I would have thought to be online. 1970 may not have even been sent to archives yet. The people may well be living too. PM me more info if you can or here if you know it is ok
grangers14

Postby spes123 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:23 am

mallosa wrote:Marriage Dec 1970

If it is a Catholic Marriage it is very likely that the registers are still at the Church and therefore will not be available anywhere online etc., so you would need to locate the Church and contact the Parish Priest. The BirminghamArchDiocese website that you were pointed to gives a list of the registers that it holds along with dates.
spes123

Postby rockyfowler » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:29 am

1970 they would prob still be alive and could be traced on electoral rolls for phone number etc :idea:
“You know you’re getting old when you stoop to tie your shoelaces and wonder what else you could do while you’re down there.” ― George Burns
rockyfowler

Postby mallosa » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:27 am

Thanks for the advice Simon and RF, if I find anything I'll let you know :wink:

mallosa

Return to General Discussion