Barnsley 9c 314

Main forum for discussion of Genealogy topics across the Counties and elsewhere.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, Northern Lass

Barnsley 9c 314

Postby SteveTurner » Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:40 am

I've posted in the beginners section even though I've been doing this a while but wanted to ask a question about marriage records found on BMD.

My friend David's parents, George William Hunter and Beryl Knight, got married on Feb 29 1936. FreeBMD has this record JanFebMar 1936, Barnsley 9c 314

When you go to that page you see Ethel Hunter and Thomas Wood as well. Ethel was George's sister and by a different route I've got in contact with their granddaughter, Denise.

David seems to think his parents married at Darton All Saints but Denise thinks her grandparents married at Dodworth St John. I'll check with David that I heard right (a lot of Hunters were baptised, married and buried at Darton) and Denise is going to check with her Aunt (her dad isn't certain).

My gut instinct was that they were married at the same place consecutively to be on the same page or am I reading too much into things?
Steve
SteveTurner

Re: Barnsley 9c 314

Postby grangers14 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:54 am

I will move this over to general section. This forum is to ask, how to do things rather than get answers.
Jo :)
grangers14

Postby SRD » Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:59 am

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think it will necessarily mean that consecutive marriage records are from the same church/register office, or even on the same day, just that they were entered onto the index consecutively. Of course that does mean it's possible, even likely, that they were at the same place, just not definitely so.
Currently investigating the Hillmans of Sussex.
SRD

Postby grangers14 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:44 am

This may be worth a read,

http://www.marriage-locator.co.uk/principles.html

The church doesn't show up for the reference you have though.
Jo :)
grangers14

Return to General Discussion