Mary Dodman & John Hipkins

Completed discussions and topics. All topics are locked on archive. Please contact a forum moderator if you'd like a thread reactivated.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, Northern Lass

Mary Dodman & John Hipkins

Postby Scratch And Patch » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:29 pm

Mary Pilgrim firstly was married to Nicholas Dodman. They had 5 children together, 1. William b. est 1820, 2. Ann b. est 1821
3. John b. 1825, 4. Avis b. est 1827, lastly 5. Elizabeth b. 1830. Nicholas dies 7 Jul 1832, wife, Mary remarries to John Hipkins
b. 1794 Norfolk, England. They married 3 Aug 1834, after this event Mary & John immigrate into On., Canada.

In 1838 Richard Hipkins, Mary & John's, only child together. Is born in Plattsville, Blenheim District, Oxford County, On.
My question is did the 5 children from Nicholas, immigrate with their mother, Mary & John Hipkins, or were they left behind
& immigrate later themselves?
Thank You Very Much For Any Help With This Post!!!!!!!!1

Jeff
Scratch And Patch

Re: Mary Dodman & John Hipkins

Postby Georgina » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:40 am

Hi Jeff just for your info Avis was baptised on 6th Jan 1828 Snettisham Norfolk to Nicholas and Mary.
There's an interesting tree in Anc which may help you, Wm is there died in 1875 aged 54 Kent County Ontario, lists all his 13 kiddies and spouse and his parents.
Georgina
Georgina

Re: Mary Dodman & John Hipkins

Postby Scratch And Patch » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:13 pm

Eh Georgina, thank you very much for the reply. Yes I know that Avis was bp. 6th Jan 1828. I also know who's tree you are talking about on ancestry & I also work with this person
doing genealogy. Her tree is not totally correct though Georgina. We are at odds on a grave site, here in Kent County, Thamesville, Sherman Cemetery. This woman claims that a
mistake has been made, with dates on the headstone. The headstone is for a Wm. Dodman b. 1799 - d. 1854, wife Mary. My Wm. Dodman was born 1820, bp. 7 Jan 1821 Snettisham, Norfolk
- d. 1875. According to her. I do not believe that a mistake of such magnitude can be made. I do not believe this is my Wm. Dodman at all!!!!!!!!!!! We also disagree on my
Wm. Dodman's wife Mary maiden name. I am convinced that Mary's maiden name is DEGAW. For I have an actuall marriage record for them, from Brant County, O.G.S. ( Ontario
Genealogy Society ). That clearly states Mary's maiden name as DEGAW twice.

I have a current post for Wm. Dodman b. 1799 - d. 1854, wife Mary. Which has 300 views, on the General Discusion Board.

I have been doing genealogy for over 8 yrs. now, Georgina, my family tree on ancestry, from the Dodman side, my father, extending back to a confirmed marriage, in 1615, to Wm Dodman and
Elizabeth ? I have a current post for these two, on the General Discussion Board, to the Holmes side, my mother, confirmed to 1610 Ireland, to my grandmother's side, Grainger, confirmed to 1498,
Isle Of Wight, England.

I have had a very good teacher on how to do Genealogy properly, Georgina.

Jeff
Scratch And Patch

Return to Archived General Discussion