Albert Hamlin

Completed discussions and topics. All topics are locked on archive. Please contact a forum moderator if you'd like a thread reactivated.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, Northern Lass

Albert Hamlin

Postby nessa » Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:03 pm

Is it possible for any one with access to FMP could look up Albert Hamlin for me he was Born 1889 Battersea London and was a lighter man in the 1911 census, looking at his WW 1 records he showed an aptitude for work on the rivet Thames, at the end of his military service he was in charge of river steamers. I would like to know if he went back to the river Thames after the war. His parents were Thomas Hamlin and Caroline Ashmore. In 1911 he was living at 175 Ingrave Street Battersea with hs wife Georgina and sons Albert and Philip.

Thanks
Nessa
nessa

Re: Albert Hamlin

Postby rockyfowler » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:58 am

Hi Nessa How do you find that info on FMP what records need looking up ---I would like to know if he went back to the river Thames after the war.?? Regards RF :wink:
“You know you’re getting old when you stoop to tie your shoelaces and wonder what else you could do while you’re down there.” ― George Burns
rockyfowler

Re: Albert Hamlin

Postby nessa » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:37 am

Hello Rocky,

As Albert was a lighterman I looked on River Thames boatman site and it said that FMP had the records, I wondered that when he left the army he had been in control of river steamers in Baghdad and was said to have a superior aptitude
for the work, do FMPhave a section for London boatmen?

I was curious to see if he did return to being a lighter man afterWW1.

Thanks
Nessa
nessa

Return to Archived General Discussion