Assistance with searches in Canada

Completed discussions and topics. All topics are locked on archive. Please contact a forum moderator if you'd like a thread reactivated.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, Northern Lass

Postby Jill_O_E » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:13 pm

Hello - I'm only just getting started here but already people are helping me find information the paternal side of my family.

I'd like to help out any of you who have family members who emigrated to Canada and know where they might be buried etc. I live in Central-Ontario about an hour north of Toronto - also am not too far from Kitchener and Stratford. I also have friends in a number of provinces who might be able to lend a hand as well.

Jill
Jill_O_E

Re: Assistance with searches in Canada

Postby Northern Lass » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:32 am

Thanks Jill Offer of help has been copied over to Look up offers section too :wink:
Northern Lass

Postby mumbles » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:10 am

Hi Jill,
My grandson went on School Rugby Tour to Canada in February to Toronto
My oldest living relative (82) married a Canadian Air Force man in 1949 and emigrated but now lives in California
My wife's uncle emigrated to Canada in 20's and his son aged 18 joined Canadian Air Force but died in bomber
I have most of above family details but may take you up on offer to fill in some gaps

Also just posted this family on bcc
http://www.bcconnections.tribalpages.co ... =644417026
Joseph Dowell and family emigrated to Canada in 1910 and 1911
It would be interesting to see where they ended up as I only have Passenger list info
mumbles

Postby Jill_O_E » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:02 pm

Hello Mumbles,

Rugby in Toronto in February - hope it was indoors!

I am actually a serving member of the Royal Canadian Air Force.

This Joseph Dowell - it looks by your info that he was headed to Victoria? Hard to say where they ended up - curious thing is, my Grandparents and the brothers and father of my paternal Grandfather emigrated around the same time as your Joseph Dowell - my Grandparents ended up in the Valleyfield area of Quebec (an anglophone area of Quebec).

I'm just getting started with all of this - but would be happy to help. May I ask what program you used to create that family tree? I'm looking to input the information about my ancestors as right now it's bits of paper, word docs and pdfs!
Jill_O_E

Postby Northern Lass » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:14 pm

Have split this thread and moved your discussion to gen discussion
as then we keep your kind offer of help as its own post
and if anyone wishes to ask for help they can pm you or we can split discussion and move...

:grin:
Northern Lass

Return to Archived General Discussion