Francis MacKay 11 Oct 1757

Completed discussions and topics. All topics are locked on archive. Please contact a forum moderator if you'd like a thread reactivated.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, Northern Lass

Francis MacKay 11 Oct 1757

Postby Scratch And Patch » Sat May 25, 2013 9:41 pm

Francis was born Thurso Caithness Scotland, his father & mother were Donald Mc Kay b. 07 Apr 1732 Watten, Caithness, Scotland & Elspet Sinclair. Francis had 2 brothers they were
1. William b. 6 Jun 1762 Thurso, Caithness Scotland &, 2. George b. 4 Jul 1765 Thurso, Caithness, Scotland. As a possible grandfather I have a possible Patrick Mc Kay & as an Uncle I have a John Mc Kay b. 03 Feb 1727 Watten, Caithness, Scotland. Married to An Falconer 20 Dec 1767 Watten, Caithness, Scotland.

This is just a brief history of Francis & if this is the Francis I am searching for. The historical fact about him is that he " Enlisted into the 26th Cameronians in 1777, Staten Island. " If I am
correct the Cameronians came to Staten Island in 1775 & were involved in the " American Revolution & were stationed near the Canadian Boarder!!!!!! " With this " FACT!!!!!!!!!! " Am I talking about Francis MacKay 11 Oct 1757.

Jeff
Scratch And Patch

Return to Archived General Discussion