Heighway

Completed discussions and topics. All topics are locked on archive. Please contact a forum moderator if you'd like a thread reactivated.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, Northern Lass

Heighway

Postby yerffej » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:07 pm

Does anyone have access to the Australian Electoral Rolls? Would be really interested in seeing the record for William Walter Heighway in the 1963 Bondi if at all possible He was my great grandfather and I have no record of where he was living or what happened to him when he emigrated to Australia in 1951 other than his death in New South Wales in 1967 I would be really grateful for any information Thankyou
yerffej

Re: Heighway

Postby MarkCDodd » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:31 am

He is living at 2/17 Ramsgate Avenue. a Margaret Heighway is with him. Both have the job description "Home Duties".
Black Holes happen when God divides by zero.
MarkCDodd

Postby yerffej » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:38 pm

Thankyou Is there any mention of the relationship between William and Margaret? or an age for Margaret? As far as I know my grandparents didnt divorce before he emigrated although i'm sure. William married Phyllis Lubeck in 1940 in Liverpool They had 3 children, none of which were named Margaret so did they divorce and did he remarry? or did he have another child?
yerffej

Postby Jimmy » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:25 pm

What Mark as posted is all you get on the Australian census.
Just trying to do my bit for BCC, bringing families back together.
Jimmy

Postby yerffej » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:50 pm

I thought that would probably be the case as it the electoral roll rather than a census :( So I suppose there is no way of finding out? Maybe a divorce or a marriage?? or a birth? Not sure how to go about searching Australian records Can anyone point me in the right direction please?
yerffej

Postby MarkCDodd » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:46 am

Margaret arrived in Australia aboard Esperance Bay in April 1950. I don't know if this was a return from a trip to the UK as she puts her last permanent residence as "Other parts of the British Empire".

She is called Mrs Margaret Heighway and her age is 28

Her last address in the UK is 77 Wanstead Park Avenue, South Wanstead, London.

She might be the daughter of Cecil and Contance Heighway who arrived in Australia in April 1929. The Margaret Heighway on that trip is 9yo which almost fits in with the age on the 1950 trip.

But the Margaret in 1950 is a Mrs!

Cecil and family lived at 10 Princes Road, Heaton Moore, Stockport. Cecil is a fruit grower!
Black Holes happen when God divides by zero.
MarkCDodd

Return to Archived General Discussion