Patrick Mallon born 1871 Louth County, Ireland

Completed discussions and topics. All topics are locked on archive. Please contact a forum moderator if you'd like a thread reactivated.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, Northern Lass

Patrick Mallon born 1871 Louth County, Ireland

Postby mallosa » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:50 pm

Info from a copy of Marr Cert...

Marriage 25th June 1896 Sandymount Roman Catholic Chapel, Donnybrook, South Dublin
Patrick Mallon full age Bach Engineer 68 Rogersons Quay - Father: Patrick Mallon (who is still living) Labourer
Mary Ellen Mulroy full age Spinster 68 Rogerson's Quay - Father Laurence Shopkeeper
Witnesses: Francis Patrick Mulroy/Ann Keegan

I have him on 1901 Census age 30 born Louth County, Ireland - living with his wife's parents at Sir John Rogerson's Quay (South Dock, Dublin)

Looking for his birth record if anyone can help?
Last edited by mallosa on Sat May 25, 2013 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you would like to have your ancestors photo's included in our Gallery, please send me a pm.

Researching: Evans, Rollason, Henley/Hendley, Brookes, Taylor (Wilson - Birmingham)
mallosa

Re: Patrick Mallon born 1871 Louth County

Postby mallosa » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:49 pm

I have been advised to send an e-mail to the local studies library at County Louth

Having done that, I've got everything crossed :grin:
If you would like to have your ancestors photo's included in our Gallery, please send me a pm.

Researching: Evans, Rollason, Henley/Hendley, Brookes, Taylor (Wilson - Birmingham)
mallosa

Postby mallosa » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:46 pm

Heard back from local studies library at County Louth, they advised me to contact

Swords Heritage Centre
Carnegie Library
North Street
Swords
Co. Dublin

Having done that yesterday, I am liaising with someone who is being very helpful - still got everything crossed :wink:

mallosa

Postby mallosa » Fri May 24, 2013 6:55 pm

update...

I knew he was buried in Glasnevin Cemetery, Dublin but no age was given on the headstone

Whilst I was waiting to hear back from the Heritage CentreI (above) I found this website - http://www.glasnevintrust.ie/

Paid to view his burial record - d. 26 Dec 1915 Pneumonia - aged 47 - Last Address: 68 Sir John Rogersons Quay, Dublin, Ireland

I now knew what year he was born and found this...

Ireland, Civil Registration Births Index, 1864-1958
Name:Patrick Mallon
Date of Registration:1868
Registration district: Dundalk
Birth Country:Ireland
Volume:17
Page:750
FHL Film Number:101045

Today I received his Birth Cert... :grin:

Birth:27th Nov 1868 in the district of Dundalk, County of Louth
Patrick Mallon Male - Father: Patrick Mallon - Occupation: Blacksmith - Dwelling Place: Kil..ly ???
Mother: Margaret Mallon (formally English)
Last edited by mallosa on Fri May 24, 2013 7:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mallosa

Postby grangers14 » Fri May 24, 2013 6:58 pm

Goodness Mally! Well done you!
Its so hard getting Irish records.
May be worth if not in links to add them?
Jo :)
grangers14

Postby mallosa » Fri May 24, 2013 7:23 pm

That's not all Jo :wink:

I was puzzled by his fathers Dwelling Place: Kil..ly ???
So I rang up and again found a lady who was sooo helpful. Although she wasn't sure where this place was she said she would call me back.

Sure enough she did and explained that it was KILCURLY (alternative name KILKERLEY) - 6 miles from Dundalk Town.

I thanked her for being so helpful and I would now look for a marriage for Patrick Mallon & Margaret English ( I knew he was still alive in 1896 according to Patrick jnr's marriage record)
She told me to hold on while she looked for a poss death for him...

she found the following...

Patrick Mallon - Widow - Death 27 Feb 1907 aged 76 at home - time unknown - Occupation: Blacksmith

She said she would put a copy in the post to me :o

I'm gobsmacked at her kindness!

I'll be looking for Patrick snr on the 1901 Ireland Census when I know where he was actually living at the time of his death.

Here's the link - http://www.groireland.ie/

mallosa

Return to Archived General Discussion