Wood/Johnston Help please..

Completed discussions and topics. All topics are locked on archive. Please contact a forum moderator if you'd like a thread reactivated.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, Northern Lass

Wood/Johnston Help please..

Postby dolly » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:57 pm

Hi
I have been taking advantage of being able to see the passenger lists on Ancestry which are available until midnight tonight.
My grandmother's uncle emigrated to Australia when he was 21. His name was Joseph Wood. I have managed to find him when he first went in 1923 He then went back to the UK in 1925 and then finally back to Canada in 1926.
I know that he met his wife on one of these passings which im assuming would be the first one although I cannot find her! Her name was Edith Johnston i think.
Im sure i proved this over a year ago but cant seem to find where?? Anyway she was from Leeds and he was from Quarnford in Leek Staffs They got married when they came back from Canada and then he went back a while before she did. I cant find her on either ship in 1923 or 1925!! Help I only have an hour left!! :?
dolly

Re: Wood/Johnston Help please..

Postby Jimmy » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:02 pm

When was Edith born.
Jimmy

Postby dolly » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:11 pm

I really cant remember Jimmy I had all the information on my old computer All I remember is that Joseph met his bride to be on one of the ships They were married in Leeds and then I think she stayed for a few months with her family when Joseph returned home On the up side its midnight tonight I can view the records till. I am going to go through my emails as im sure I even have a photo. I am in contact with the grandson of Joseph and Edith in Canada and it was he who said he thought her maiden name was Johnston
dolly

Postby gardener » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:04 pm

No "T"

Marriages Mar 1926

Johnson Edith Wood Leeds 9b 439

Wood Joseph Johnson Leeds 9b 439
"The present is the key to the past" - Charles Lyell
gardener

Postby dolly » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:26 pm

Thats them!! Thankyou x Im too late now to see the actual shipping records but thanks for the marriage details :)
dolly

Return to Archived General Discussion