James Henry Taylor

Completed discussions and topics. All topics are locked on archive. Please contact a forum moderator if you'd like a thread reactivated.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, Northern Lass

James Henry Taylor

Postby dudleytaylor » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:57 pm

Can anyone help me find where James Henry Taylor Born Osmaston Derbyshire 1888 played professional Football . He was recorded in the 1911 census as being a professional footballer but it does not say where he played. I have Googled his name but nothing comes up. many thanks Dt :-)
It's easy to stand with the crowd . It takes courage to stand alone
dudleytaylor

Location: Living in Worcestershire,Paternal Family from Dudley,Maternal family from Oldbury

Re: James Henry Taylor

Postby peterd » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:05 am

where was the census taken it wouldnt be to far from where he living ?
A person should have an opinion on everything, It becomes tact whether you reveal that opinion or not.

http://www.deneview.co.uk/
peterd

Postby dudleytaylor » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:10 am

His address on census is 19 Taylor Street Osmaston Derby Derbyshire. He was visiting his sister Sarah Jane Wass (Taylor). His mother was living at no 14. Thanks Pete. Dt :-)
dudleytaylor

Location: Living in Worcestershire,Paternal Family from Dudley,Maternal family from Oldbury

Postby dudleytaylor » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:43 pm

I have Googled Derby football club , but they do not seem to have any archives of previous players. so I presume he was not famous enough to make the headlines. Not like today ,being paid too much and made into celebrities. :roll:
dudleytaylor

Postby peterd » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:07 pm

Sometimes the Gods are just on your side and nothing the oposition do will change that. North Eastern League side Darlington were outclassed for almost this entire game but they dug in and defended as if their life depended on it, breaking out just once to allow Alec Fraser the opportunity to give the visitors a shock half tim lead. In the second half United attacked with even more vigour and their reward seemed to come when James Taylor felled Joe Kitchen in the penalty area. Tommy Simmons took it and blasted the ball off the crossbar. 12,000 crammed into Feethams to see Bradford {Park Avenue} beaten 2-1 with Alec Fraser again netting to sensationally take the team into the third round where Swindon proved to good by three goals.

Sheffield United: 1:Joe Mitchell, 2:Joe Smith, 3:Bob Benson, 4:Bill Brelsford, 5:Albert Trueman, 6:Albert Sturgess, 7:Joe Kitchen, 8:Jim Simmons, 9:Billy Gllespie, 10:Tommy Simons, 11:Bobby Evans

Doncaster Rovers: James Taylor, Bannister, Alec Fraser

1911 Season dont know if its him ?

http://www.freewebs.com/captainbeecher/1911.htm
A person should have an opinion on everything, It becomes tact whether you reveal that opinion or not.

http://www.deneview.co.uk/
peterd

Postby mallosa » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:54 pm

Could he have played for Huddersfield Town...

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/roger.pash ... photos.htm

The 3rd photo is a H J Taylor :?

He looks to be on a few of them
If you would like to have your ancestors photo's included in our Gallery, please send me a pm.

Researching: Evans, Rollason, Henley/Hendley, Brookes, Taylor (Wilson - Birmingham)
mallosa

Postby dudleytaylor » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:54 am

Thank you both . Even if its not him (which I hope it is ) It gives me an idea as to what it was like to be a footballer then. My grandad use to play for a team in Dudley. They won loads of medals, which my brother now has. I will have to find out more about it all Thank you very much :grin:
dudleytaylor

Return to Archived General Discussion