The Oldest entry and longest family line?

Completed discussions and topics. All topics are locked on archive. Please contact a forum moderator if you'd like a thread reactivated.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, Northern Lass

Re: The Oldest entry and longest family line?

Postby blackcountrybiker » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:23 pm

Northern Lass wrote:can you pop a new post on and we can try and add your woodhouse ones to the ones on Bcc and the Garratts
My Woodhouses link in to Robs

From what information I have this Mary Woodhouse here http://bcconnections.tribalpages.com/fa ... use-Family is the same Mary Woodhouse as this one http://bcconnections.tribalpages.com/fa ... use-Family , which is where my Woodhouses connect with the Shaws' ,Perry's, Garratt's etc. from Old Hill and Rowley Regis.
"The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it."
George Bernard Shaw
blackcountrybiker

Postby blackcountrybiker » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:37 pm

dianel wrote:Yes, that's them.

I thought this was the right Mary:
Staffordshire: Rowley Regis - Parish Registers, 1685-1771/2
 Burialls, 1655.
  Rowley Regis Parish Register.
   April.
County: Staffordshire
23 Mar 1712 Mary, d. of John & Jane Woodhouse bap.

That's the same information that I have too, taken from the Rowley Regis Parish Register.
"The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it."
George Bernard Shaw
blackcountrybiker

Postby Northern Lass » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:42 am

blackcountrybiker wrote:
Northern Lass wrote:can you pop a new post on and we can try and add your woodhouse ones to the ones on Bcc and the Garratts
My Woodhouses link in to Robs

From what information I have this Mary Woodhouse here http://bcconnections.tribalpages.com/fa ... use-Family is the same Mary Woodhouse as this one http://bcconnections.tribalpages.com/fa ... use-Family , which is where my Woodhouses connect with the Shaws' ,Perry's, Garratt's etc. from Old Hill and Rowley Regis.

right great I am connecting up

so do you want to flag for me Blackcountry biker your Woodhouse where does yours start?
is it on Bcc? if so I can slot in your name in notes
can you post it on a new thread in this section and I can wade thru what I can.
If you want to put where they link I can connect more up on Bcc
:wink:
Northern Lass

Postby Northern Lass » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:30 am

Moving this to General discussion now.

Any other lines outside the BC area that anyone has got way back to in time
Northern Lass

Postby blackcountrybiker » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:37 pm

I' have got most of my Jersey family lines back to the early 1500s now, some beyond that too. This excellent resource on Jerripedia is a boon for any genealogists with ancestry in the island... Mike Bisson has added scans of the majority of the baptisms from parish registers now, with marriages and burials to follow. If only every area of the British Isles was this organised :grin: http://www.theislandwiki.org/index.php/Family_records
George Bernard Shaw
blackcountrybiker

Postby MarkCDodd » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:04 am

I will have to look again for my wife's relatives. I was paying people to scour the Jersey archives a few years ago.
Black Holes happen when God divides by zero.
MarkCDodd

Postby Margarett » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:47 am

My earliest one is John Willetts b about 1515 in Rowley Regis. He married Marjery Grove. There are links to the Garrat family on my tree too. It's on BCC.
Margarett

Postby blackcountrybiker » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:04 pm

MarkCDodd wrote:I will have to look again for my wife's relatives. I was paying people to scour the Jersey archives a few years ago.

The guy behind it is hoping to have a fully indexed and searchable database of all available baptisms, marriages and burials by April 2013. It'll be an absolute boon to people like us who can't get to Jersey very often. What families do you link to in Jersey then?
George Bernard Shaw
blackcountrybiker

Postby MarkCDodd » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:14 pm

Ingrouille.

Seems most of them were Guernsey with a couple ending up on Jersey.

Particularly interested in Artimes Ingrouille who was aide-de-camp to the Victorian Governor in Australia for only a short time before dying of pneumonia in 1861.

He was born in St Peter Port in abt 1827 but is rumored to have married some lass on Jersey before marrying an Irish girl in Australia in 1858.

It was not uncommon for people to "forget" their families over the other side of the world and settle with somebody new in Australia.

Ingrouille is one of those surnames that has a billion interpretations and subject to the whim of whatever clerk is writing it down.
Black Holes happen when God divides by zero.
MarkCDodd

Previous

Return to Archived General Discussion