tracing someone still living

Completed discussions and topics. All topics are locked on archive. Please contact a forum moderator if you'd like a thread reactivated.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, Northern Lass

tracing someone still living

Postby kilotank » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:12 pm

Hi. I hope someone can help me.
I am building a family tree for my wife that is a little sad. She was fostered and after 40 years we have now discovered her deceased mother
We know there was a step sister that we believe is still alive and have guessed and found a BMD entry that should be her.

On requesting a birth certificate to confirm the birth mother we have been told we have to have an exact DOB. We have no way of finding this.

Does any one know away of getting around this. The authorities tell me that this is a requirement for any date that is within 50 years of now.

Thanks Kilo
kilotank

Re: tracing someone still living

Postby peterd » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:37 pm

you could try the electrol register for the town she was born in (mother) might give you an address to start from or add 18 years look for a marriage then check telephone directory, try genes reunited she might be registered on there or the school (friends)reunited site might able to pick her local school up ? as it an open forum we could only give you general info anyway if some one did find her dob they will have to pm (private message) it to you as this persons living
Last edited by peterd on Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
A person should have an opinion on everything, It becomes tact whether you reveal that opinion or not.

http://www.deneview.co.uk/
peterd

Postby Maths girl » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:02 am

It might be worth looking at local churches to see if she was baptised as that record might include at actual dob.

A letter to the local paper might bring to light someone who knew/knows her!
Maths girl

Postby kilotank » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:45 pm

Thanks for the help so far, there are some ideas there i had not thought of, had not heard of schools reunited, the paper idea is interesting.
I will persue these and see where it takes me.
Thanks again
kilotank

Return to Archived General Discussion