Looking for Info on W Carter

Archived and completed military topics.

Moderators: admin, Northern Lass, apowell

Looking for Info on W Carter

Postby Annie » Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:43 pm

Please can anyone help me with a link where I can find information on William Carter who joined the Northumberland Fusiliers, enlisting at Alnwick, he first joined up in his own name Edward Faulkner then went on the run and re joined as William Carter.

Any will be appreciated.

Annie.
Annie

Re: Looking for Info on W Carter

Postby MarkCDodd » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:52 am

What years? That makes adifference as to what record you look up.

His approximate age at enlistment?

Town of birth?

I was just reading a record for a William Carter who joined the a Yorkshire Regiment but was discharged from the Northumberland Fusliers.

At some stage he has provided his Brith Certificate to them which means he had to prove his identity.

He had two children die from the measles whilst he was overseas and he went AWOL for a while.

He was born in about 1891 in Yorkshire.
Black Holes happen when God divides by zero.
MarkCDodd

Re: Looking for Info on W Carter

Postby Annie » Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:36 pm

Hi Mark and thank you for taking the time to look for me.

Edward Faulkner was born 1889 at Ellesmere port, he first joined up as Edard Faulkner 26 August 1914 and at that time lived at Silsden Yorkshire he joined the 6th Battalion Yorks & Lancs at Pontefract , in may 1915 Edward was returned to England and in the December as declared a deserter and as been huntedso that is when he re enlisted as W.carter.

This much was wrote in a letter by his sister and I would like to prove if it is correct.

Annie
Annie

Return to Archived Topics