HIGO, HOLT, MANNION, PHILLIPS, they're all driving me mad!

Filed surname additions added to the main surname list.

Moderators: admin, Northern Lass, Rob

HIGO, HOLT, MANNION, PHILLIPS, they're all driving me mad!

Postby jennifer holt » Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:28 am

Hello! :D

I'm completely new to this forum. Everything else i've tried has resulted in banging my head very hard against a brick wall-and it really hurts. :cry:

I'm really struggling to find info about my grandad-Charles HIGO, born in DUBLIN (1919). I was lead to believe that his father Edward was from Sheffield, but I'm not certain how accurate this is. I can't find any information anywhere! :?

any help on the above names would be so much appreciated, especially my grandad higo

Thanks for reading this!

Jennifer Holt
Huddersfield
looking for:
HIGO
HOLT
MANNION
PHILLIPS
MITCHELL
jennifer holt

Postby scorpio » Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:31 am

Hi,

Not sure whether this is info you've already covered, but there is an Edward HIGO in the 1881 and 1891 censuses.

1881: 22 Brick Street, Leeds, aged 1, son of Christopher and Mary HIGO. 1 sibling.

1891: 17 Orange Street, Leeds, aged 10, son of Christopher and Mark HIGO. 4 siblings, plus one other relative.

He then seems to disappear by 1901, which would tie in with him having a spouse, employer, etc in Dublin, which could explain Charles' birth there.

Do you know if Charles had any brothers or sisters?

Dominic
scorpio

Postby jennifer holt » Tue Dec 21, 2004 7:12 pm

Thanks Dominic! :D

My grandad had one brother, William. We think he may have been his half brother, but my grt grandma wanted them all to have the same surname. (In those days quite understandable)

Thanks again for your help

Jennifer
looking for:
HIGO
HOLT
MANNION
PHILLIPS
MITCHELL
jennifer holt

Return to Archive