SEWELL

Filed surname additions added to the main surname list.

Moderators: admin, Northern Lass, Rob

SEWELL

Postby dawn sherwood » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:15 pm

I am looking for my partners father and family, his name is Winston ivanhoe sewell this is the information i have.

Winston Ivanhoe Sewell was born in 1932 and his father was Joseph Sewell, he was formally known as Sewell-Harvey.We believe Winston came to England from Jamaica 1950- 1955 but cannot be sure. Winston married in england in 1956 and in 1973 and has had children from both brides.

if you can help then please contact me

Thanks
dawn sherwood

Re: Sewell

Postby David Owen » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:58 pm

Hello Dawn,

Unless you are planning on visiting Jamaica, I think that it will probably cost you

This site below looks good, but does cost. I suggest paying USD8 for one month and using it as much as possible in that time. Its just over £4.

http://jamaicanfamilysearch.com/

USD8 for one month
USD20 for 3mths
USD40 for 6mths
USD70 for a year.

However, could email these two people and ask them how much they charge, and they might be able to scan and send copies by email, or fax them:

Cynthia Roser is a records researcher in Jamaica. She charges for her work which covers the costs of working at the Registrar General's Office (RGO). Her e-mail is [email protected] another is [email protected].

Sorry, I can't help you any further, and sadly I have had my summer holiday and that was in sunny Norfolk, though Jamaica would have been more preferable !

Good Luck,

David
David Owen

Re: Sewell

Postby dawn sherwood » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:23 am

hello David

thank you very much for your reply, the email and web information you have given is very helpful, i will pass it on to my partner and we can continue the hunt for his father.

many thanks once more

Dawn
dawn sherwood

Return to Archive