I'm not ........

A place for general and off-topic chat amongst researchers. Please ensure that all posts remain suitable for a family audience.

Moderators: admin, Northern Lass, peterd

Re: I'm not ........

Postby Northern Lass » Thu Oct 12, 2023 6:51 am

Sounds like The Okey Cokey to me! :shock:
Northern Lass

Postby BC Wench » Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:14 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Researching: PARGETER, BELCHER, BRADLEY, DANDO, ROWLEY, ROWSELL
BC Wench

Postby Rob » Sat Oct 14, 2023 9:21 pm

I hate Womens football but if theres anything i hate more its women expressing their opinions on it ! Now we seem to have women sarcastically explaining the game of Cricket ! I despair i really do.She even forgot about the importants things like stopping for lunch and tea. Ken must be pulling his hair out if Barby tells him of course! I think Barby scored once or twice with Accles and Pollock CC but that doesn't make her an authority on the Noble Game !
Rob

Postby mallosa » Sun Oct 15, 2023 6:46 am

Northern Lass wrote:Sounds like The Okey Cokey to me! :shock:

.........and that's what it's all about! :lol:
If you would like to have your ancestors photo's included in our Gallery, please send me a pm.

Researching: Evans, Rollason, Henley/Hendley, Brookes, Taylor (Wilson - Birmingham)
mallosa

Postby grangers14 » Sun Oct 15, 2023 9:08 am

Here you go grangers14 this explains the rules of cricket - enjoy.

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each player that is in the side that is in goes out, and when the player that is out comes in, the next player goes in until they are out.

When they are all out, the side that is out comes in, and the side that has been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out.

Sometimes you get players still in and not out. When a player goes out to go in, the players who are out try to get them out, and when they are out, the player goes in and the next player in goes out and goes in.

There are two umpires who stay out all the time and they decide when the players who are in are out.

When both sides have been in and all the players have been out, and both sides have been out twice after all the players have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game.

:shock: :? :lol:
grangers14

Postby BC Wench » Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:06 pm

Since when, Robert, as you put it "stopping for lunch and tea" become part of the rules of cricket and why am I being sarcastic in explaining the rules? On another comment you made about Ken, if he had any hair to pull out, he wouldn't dare to pull it out in front of me 'cos after being married for 50 years as husband and wife he knows who rules the roost in our household. Last point which is regarding Accles & Pollock CC - it sounds like you have been talking to our pal Pete H, as he didn't give you my best score, which he has always been jealous of, which was 2 over 100 scores in one season.

England Cricket :( :( :thumbdown: :thumbdown: I can't say anymore.
BC Wench

Postby Rob » Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:35 pm

:wave: :lol:
Rob

Postby mallosa » Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:47 pm

:lol: That's told him!
If you would like to have your ancestors photo's included in our Gallery, please send me a pm.

Researching: Evans, Rollason, Henley/Hendley, Brookes, Taylor (Wilson - Birmingham)
mallosa

Postby BC Wench » Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:02 am

He knows his place :wink: It's really nice that we can all have a banter with each other without taking offence. Well, I haven't taken offence and it doesn't look as though Rob has with his emojis - is that what you call them nowadays?
:wave:
BC Wench

Postby mallosa » Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:53 pm

Yes it's great to have a bit of a banter, like the old days isn't it? :grin:

However, In total there are 224 users online....where is everybody? :roll:

mallosa

Postby BC Wench » Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:39 pm

As the proverb goes - least said, soonest mended :thumbdown:

But, what about Afghanistan beating Pakistan :shock: The match was absolutely brilliant.
BC Wench

Postby mallosa » Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:57 pm

BC Wench wrote:As the proverb goes - least said, soonest mended :thumbdown:

But, what about Afghanistan beating Pakistan :shock: The match was absolutely brilliant.

Very true!

I'm afraid I didn't watch it Barb :oops:

However I did watch the rugby England v South Africa, now that was really close! I thought we were gonna do it but sadly not. So proud of them though :grin:

mallosa

Postby BC Wench » Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:26 am

Well, four years ago we were on the top of the table, this year we're on the bottom!!

The rugby was really close, I just saw the end bit.

You can't win 'em all but nice to have a go :lol:
BC Wench

Postby Rob » Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:55 am

BC Wench wrote:You can't win 'em all but nice to have a go :lol:

Nice to have a go? Nice to have a go!! :shock: The purpose of playing is to win ! :roll: Typical reply of the fairer sex. Sweet really i suppose.
Rob

Postby BC Wench » Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:04 pm

In any type of competition we go into we are all aiming to be the best and win and I'm not talking of just sport in particular. What's the fun in seeing the same person or people win all the time, it gets boring (unless you're an England fan) :-)

You have to be in it to win it. Oh, and we're not bottom of the table now. :thumbup:
BC Wench

PreviousNext

Return to The Snug