I'm not ........

A place for general and off-topic chat amongst researchers. Please ensure that all posts remain suitable for a family audience.

Moderators: admin, Northern Lass, peterd

I'm not ........

Postby BC Wench » Mon Oct 02, 2023 4:16 pm

wishing my life away - but - wooh!! wooh!! - I can't wait for Thursday, 'cos it's when the CRICKET WORLD CUP STARTS :lol: :lol:
Researching: PARGETER, BELCHER, BRADLEY, DANDO, ROWLEY, ROWSELL
BC Wench

Re: I'm not ........

Postby mallosa » Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:23 pm

:silent:
If you would like to have your ancestors photo's included in our Gallery, please send me a pm.

Researching: Evans, Rollason, Henley/Hendley, Brookes, Taylor (Wilson - Birmingham)
mallosa

Postby BC Wench » Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:20 am

:cry: :cry: BUT, as Eric Idle sings "Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life" :lol:
BC Wench

Postby Northern Lass » Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:53 am

Or as Jiminy Cricket sang...When you wish upon a star...your dreams come true!

:-P
Northern Lass

Postby mallosa » Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:59 am

BC Wench wrote:wishing my life away - but - wooh!! wooh!! - I can't wait for Thursday, 'cos it's when the CRICKET WORLD CUP STARTS :lol: :lol:

I take it, the result wasn't what you were hoping for? :thumbdown:
If you would like to have your ancestors photo's included in our Gallery, please send me a pm.

Researching: Evans, Rollason, Henley/Hendley, Brookes, Taylor (Wilson - Birmingham)
mallosa

Postby BC Wench » Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:55 am

Nice one NL :lol: or D:ream singing "Things Can Only Get Better"

Err No Mally, it wasn't :( It's the only sport I really really enjoy as I can sit and do my crochet (nearly wrote cricket) or knitting at the same time.
BC Wench

Postby mallosa » Sat Oct 07, 2023 12:57 pm

Well I know what I'll be doing at 4:45 this afternoon (see my post) :P

mallosa

Postby BC Wench » Sun Oct 08, 2023 4:54 pm

That was a very enjoyable cricket match - India vs Australia.

Anybody can join in on this topic :roll: Any takers????
BC Wench

Postby grangers14 » Sun Oct 08, 2023 5:57 pm

I was very sporty as a child...
Cricket, I have no clue! :?
grangers14

Postby BC Wench » Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:55 pm

Woop-pe-do we did it today. :clap: :clap: Well done our Men.

Here you go grangers14 this explains the rules of cricket - enjoy.

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each player that is in the side that is in goes out, and when the player that is out comes in, the next player goes in until they are out.

When they are all out, the side that is out comes in, and the side that has been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out.

Sometimes you get players still in and not out. When a player goes out to go in, the players who are out try to get them out, and when they are out, the player goes in and the next player in goes out and goes in.

There are two umpires who stay out all the time and they decide when the players who are in are out.

When both sides have been in and all the players have been out, and both sides have been out twice after all the players have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game.
BC Wench

Postby BC Wench » Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:21 pm

I was sporty as well grangers14. I suppose having 4 brothers and loads of boys on our housing estate helped.

In fact, blowing my own trumpet here, in the "Dudley Schools Athletic Association Schools Athletic Sports Day" I came 3rd in the Junior Girls' High Jump in July 1961 and I still have my certificate which I put in plastic cellophane and machine sewed all around it :lol: The girl who won was named Betty from another school and I ended up working with her in the early 1970s at Green Shield Stamps offices at the top of Dudley High Street and we remembered each other!

I was also the captain in the Wren's Nest Primary School Rounders Team in my last year there. I absolutely loved that school - ahh! bless.

Are there any old Wrener boys and girls out there???
BC Wench

Postby mallosa » Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:24 pm

BC Wench wrote:Woop-pe-do we did it today. :clap: :clap: Well done our Men.

Here you go grangers14 this explains the rules of cricket - enjoy.

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each player that is in the side that is in goes out, and when the player that is out comes in, the next player goes in until they are out.

When they are all out, the side that is out comes in, and the side that has been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out.

Sometimes you get players still in and not out. When a player goes out to go in, the players who are out try to get them out, and when they are out, the player goes in and the next player in goes out and goes in.

There are two umpires who stay out all the time and they decide when the players who are in are out.

When both sides have been in and all the players have been out, and both sides have been out twice after all the players have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game.

There you go grangers14! Surely you understand now :lol:

BC Wench :wtf:

mallosa

Postby BC Wench » Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:26 pm

Yes Mally, it takes some understanding doesn't it :lol:
BC Wench

Postby mallosa » Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:50 pm

Ah!! Those two umpires can't come in cos there would be no-one to tell them when to go out....I understand now :grin:

mallosa

Postby BC Wench » Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:56 am

Well done that girl, by george she's got it :lol:
BC Wench

Next

Return to The Snug