The Snug

A place for general and off-topic chat amongst researchers. Please ensure that all posts remain suitable for a family audience.

Moderators: admin, Northern Lass, peterd

The Snug

Postby Rob » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:18 am

No one seems to have anything to say anymore on this Forum other than genealogy itself which is fine i suppose that's what the Forum is for.Genealogy!! Is it a sign of changing times? We have so many other social media outlets for our banal thoughts and expressions. I find it strangely disturbing that the last topic posted in The Snug was July 28th !! Just a thought. :?
Rob

Re: The Snug

Postby BC Wench » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:24 pm

Hello Rob, thought about you last night and here you are popping up in The Snug :-) The reason I was thinking about you is that me and Ken were watching Great Canal Journeys with Timothy West & Prunella Scales where they were pootling along the canals of The Netherlands.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/great-canal-journeys

Apparently you can sign in using Facebook - don't know how that works.

I went on a school trip when I was about 9 or10 to Belgium & Holland and the only thing that stays in my mind was visiting the Keukenhof Gardens - gorgeous.

How you doing anyway?
Researching: PARGETER, BELCHER, BRADLEY, DANDO, ROWLEY, ROWSELL
BC Wench

Postby SRD » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:58 am

I think you're right about other media outlets, but isn't the summer usually quiet in here?
I know I haven't done much cooking that was worth a write up or that wasn't run of the mill.

I had a Dutch girlfriend when I was in my teens, she was part of a group who came from Lelystad and camped on our village school field. Her name was Susan Symonsma (I think), her father was Simon but pronounced differently to mine. There was a Dutch clockmender who lived in our village who translated my letters for me, "But nothing dirty, I won't translate none of that sort of thing." :grin:
Currently investigating the Hillmans of Sussex.
SRD

Postby grangers14 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:38 pm

Summer is quieter I think.
Jo :)
grangers14

Postby Rob » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:52 pm

I suppose you're correct in your assumption Jo.Summer can be a quiet period. People basking on sun bleached beachs sipping their cocktails and eating their tapas !! I drove past the Keukenhof today Barb on my way to the beach at Katwijk aan Zee.Lovely weather at the moment in Holland.xxx
Rob

Return to The Snug